I decided to try my hand at photo manipulation for this project, using an earlier picture I took (see below). I thought that this particular image had potential and could be turned into something even more visually striking.
Adobe Illustrator is what I used most throughout this project, with some Photoshop at the end, to tidy up some of the details. As you can see from the differences between the original photo and the final image, I added more detail, such as gaps between the leaves and branches to make this picture stand out more. This is because I wanted even more emphasis on the tree itself, rather than the person, and I wanted to convey how the light would be shining through the tree.
Overall, I'm happy with this work and I plan on trying out different sky backgrounds, potentially for differents colours and seasons.